Here’s a summary of the latest Mental Health News and Psychology News from APA.org.
Need help now?
There are several ways to contact someone right now.
PsycPORT™: Psychology Newswire Recent news articles relating to psychology, mental health, behavior, stress management and more.
- How schools meet the needs of students crushed by stress, depressionon April 11, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Many districts are increasing funding for mental health services and offer professional development for educators wondering how to best respond to the crisis.
- Losing a long-term spouse can be deadlyon April 11, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Studies show that surviving spouses can suffer from sleep issues, depression, anxiety, and overall poorer physical health.
- CDC says racism is a 'serious threat' to public healthon April 8, 2021 at 2:13 pm
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention singled out racism as having a “profound and negative impact on communities of color.”
- Covid-19 linked to depression and dementiaon April 7, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Studies suggest people diagnosed with Covid-19 in the previous six months were more likely to develop or have a relapse of certain conditions.
- Stress on the front lines of Covid-19on April 6, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Health-care workers share the hardest parts of working during the pandemic.
- What are the 3 levels of autism?on April 2, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Autism spectrum disorders are now classified by three levels of severity in order to better individualize autism diagnoses and communicate a person’s need […]
- How to reach out when someone you know may be at risk of suicideon April 2, 2021 at 2:16 pm
Experts say there are ways that family and friends can support people who may be contemplating suicide.
- Airbnb launches inclusive virtual experiences for neurodiverse guestson March 31, 2021 at 2:18 pm
‘Inclusive Exploration’ experiences include dance class, painting class, skateboarding lesson and an interactive music lesson.